- Lesson Plans
By Patricia Finn & Dr. Susan KeyGrades 3-5 / Estimated time: 40-50 minutes
Specific recommendation: 4th grade Music/Language Arts
Please view/download the lesson plan via the link in the right column.
- Identify instruments and sounds associated with blues and jazz music
- Explain the meaning of the “northern road” in Langston Hughes’s poem “Bound No’th Blues”
- Identify the mood of the song “Bound No’th Blues” based on text and sound
Common Core Standards:
- RL.4.4: Determine the meaning of words and phrases as they are used in a text
- RL.4.7: Make connections between the text of a story or drama and a visual or oral representation of the text, identifying where each version reflects specific descriptions and directions in the text.