- Lesson Plans
By Patricia Finn & Dr. Susan KeyGrades 9-12 / Estimated time: 40-50 minutes
Specific Recommendation: 11th grade Social Studies/American History
Please view/download the lesson plan via the link in the right column.
- Write an accurate summary of one stanza of “Bunker Hill”
- Identify the author’s purpose for writing “Bunker Hill” using textual evidence
- Identify how the music of “Bunker Hill” contributes to the listener’s interpretation of the text
Common Core Standards:
- RH.11-12.1 Cite specific textual evidence to support analysis of primary and secondary sources, connecting insights gained from specific details to an understanding of the text as a whole
- RH.11-12.2 Determine the central ideas or information of a primary or secondary source; provide an accurate summary that makes clear the relationships among the key details and ideas
- SL.11-12.2 Integrate multiple sources of information presented in diverse formats and media in order to make informed decisions and solve problems.